Salmon Fishing in Alaska
Here at Kodiak Adventures Lodge, we take you where the fish are (great fishing is usually only 10-20 minutes away). We fish both saltwater and freshwater. Sport fishing charters include saltwater, spinning gear, tackle and hip boots (fly fishing gear and waders are not included). A lunch, snacks, and beverages are provided. We also clean, wrap, and freeze, so your fish are airport ready for travel.
We fish full days from a comfortable boat with a maximum of six people per boat to maximize your experience, while trolling in the ocean for Alaska King Salmon, Silver Salmon, and Pink Salmon. If you're looking for great Alaska salmon fishing, you've got to see Kodiak Island.
Salmon Boats in Alaska
While trolling or jigging out of our salmon boats in Alaska, we have the opportunity to view many of the different species of wildlife Kodiak has to offer. Seals, otters, sea lions, and the occasional breaching Humpback whale along with many different sea birds are just a few of the abundant wildlife in and around Kodiak.
Walking along the freshwater streams with eagles flying above, you have the opportunity to spin cast or fly fish. Pink, Chum or Silver salmon as well as Dolly Varden are what we seek while keeping an eye out for the famous Kodiak brown bears trying to catch their next meal.
Kodiak’s weather is unpredictable. A wide range of clothing should be brought in anticipation of all types of weather.
What’s Included for Alaskan Salmon Fishing:
What You Need To Bring:
- First class ocean front accommodations
- All meals and snacks
- Beverages (soda, juices and water)
- Full days of fishing
- Boat, guide, and fishing gear (bring your own fly fishing gear)
- Hip boots
- Processing of fish, maximum of 100 pounds (approximately 2 fish boxes) ( extra charge for any additional fish)
- Fishing license
- King Salmon stamp
- Day pack
- Chest waders optional
- Fly fishing gear
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Rain gear
- Warm coat (fleece or something similar for those cool Alaskan evenings)
- Warm hat and ball cap
- Personal clothes and gear
- Alcoholic Beverages (keep to a minimum for everyone’s enjoyment)
- Camera (lots of film or extra memory cards and batteries)
- Video Camera (charger or extra battery)